In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. ~Mathew 5:16~
Northside Bible Academy believes that the parent has the best interests of their children at heart. Northside Bible Academy believes that the parent is the first and only teacher that a child needs. In keeping with this philosophy, Northside Bible Academy asks only for what the Alabama State Law requires while offering support along with quality resources to aid your family in your homeschooling efforts.
Northside Bible Academy was formed as a ministry of Northside Bible Church, to enable parents to take responsibility for their children’s academic, emotional and moral growth through teaching at home. We believe in the family and in its ability as an institution to instruct children in the most positive and loving environment possible. Northside Bible Academy is designed to offer support through record keeping, information, meetings, field trips and other events.
Covering Requirements and Benefits
Due to changes in the homeschooling laws, HSLDA is no longer mandatory for renewing families or families enrolling at the beginning of the school year. It is still strongly recommended, however. If you register in the middle of the school year, then HSLDA is mandatory for the first year.
- One child is $50 per year
- 2+ children is $75 per year
- $25 registration fee per family for new families
Note: If you are renewing family and you fail to renew covering by September 1st, you will be charged a registration fee as well.
We will be having two cover-wide meetings per year. August (enrollments and renewals) will be mandatory. June (end of the year and attendance) is not mandatory; attendance may be mailed in. In addition to these, we will have First Friday Fun Days. The first Friday of every month we will be hosting a fun day for all of our covering families as well as anyone they would like to bring to fellowship. We will have board and card games and many other activities for kids as well as parents
What We Offer
- Legal Homeschool Covering
- Field Trips
- Special Speakers
- Fun Family Events
- Co-op Classes
Statement of Purpose
- Provide a legal Christian covering for those who choose to homeschool in the state of Alabama regardless of race, economic standing or teaching method.
- Offer support to those who have chosen to homeschool.
- Provide freedom to aid families in their homeschooling journey.
- Support parents in the realization of goal achievement whether it is college or other personal goals.
- Enable parents to take responsibility for their children’s academic, emotional, and moral growth.
- Provide quality social and educational activities, field trips, and information to those who have chosen to homeschool.
The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught as that every child should be given the wish to learn.